Lasik/Femto lasik/Contura Lasik/ Relex Smile
Welcome to the department of Refractive surgery at Infiniti Eye hospital.
You are about to visit the one of the most advanced laser centre’s on the country. It has a advanced laser theater which has
- Visumax from Carl Zeiss Germany which can perform Relex Smile – a flap less, blade less, painless Lasik and Femto Lasik A all laser Lasik ( Blade less Lasik)
- Allegretto Wavelight Lasik machine from Germany which is can perform Lasik upto – 10 D to +6 D and upto 6 cylinder numbers. It is linked to the wavelight topolyser Vario which can perform truly customized Lasik – Contura Lasik
Lensx From Alcon USA- To perform femto Lasik and femto cataract surgery.
Undergoing a laser vision correction is all about a lifestyle change. You don’t have to worry about the hassles of daily glasses or contact lenses. You don’t have to bother about losing your glasses, scratching them, tearing your contact lens.
Remember when your glasses fogged in the swimming pool while on holiday or remember you having to remove your glasses while sitting on a Rollercoaster . You can do what you like without having to bother about your glasses/contact lenses.
Wearing or not wearing glasses affects your appearance and other people’s perceptions of you. Millions across the world rely on spectacles or lenses for precise vision. And you just might be one of them. The solution is at your doorstep – advanced laser technology can free you from your dependence on eye glasses.
Refractive surgery is swiftly transforming vision correction process world over with impressive results. Common vision problems like near sightedness, far sightedness, astigmatism and presbyopia can now be treated with laser technology.
At Infiniti Eye Hospital, we offer state of the art instrumentation blended with the expertise of highly skilled doctors that ensures utmost care for your eyes. We are one among the select few centres in India, offering the most advanced laser vision correction procedure technology, Smile/Femto Lasik( Bladeless Lasik/Contoura Lasik
Is laser vision correction expensive?
Well if you actually calculate the cost of wearing a contact lens/ spectacles when worn over 15-20 years, then the cost of one-time laser vision correction is much less. So you are paying less for a better lifestyle for a safe and effective procedure.
SMILE (Small Incision Lenticular Extraction) is the most advanced 3rd generation of laser vision correction. It is minimally invasive, flapless and bladeless procedure that combines the advantage of previous two generations with increased safety and comfort. ReLEx SMILE is a further advancement over LASIK / Femto-LASIK.
Relex Smile is a breakthrough in laser vision correction offering a whole new level of precision, safety and comfort. In fact, you might just experience the world through a whole new lens-your natural ones.
Relex Smile is a pain free, minimally invasive approach with the advantage of a 100% blade–free laser vision correction. This procedure involves no corneal flaps; refractive changes are made in the intact cornea itself.
Unlike the conventional procedures, Relex Smile involves the creation of an extremely thin 3D layer in your intact cornea, corresponding to your refractive number that needs correction. This is then extracted out through a small keyhole incision of about 2-4mm only. As a result, the cornea gets reshaped to correspond to the ideal shape for correct vision. Entirely laser controlled, it is done in a few seconds- precise, safe and comfortable.
The Relex Smile technique is performed using the highly precise advanced VisuMax femtosecond laser from Carl Zeiss AG, Germany. This laser system has impressed both the patients and the physicians alike with its sophisticated technology and its precision and reliability. Relex Smile using VisuMax promises accuracy down to the nearest micrometer precision.
- The cornea surface is left untouched, preserving its biomechanical strength and stability better than other techniques.
- Inflammation is reduced to negligible as the total laser energy used is up to 10 times lesser than an excimer laser.
- Likeliness of dry eyes is significantly lowered, since no flap is created.
- There is no use of surgical cutting instruments and involves no change of equipment during the treatment.
- Since this procedure is minimally invasive, it involves minimum intervention and therefore less after care is required, enabling you to enjoy your new visual sensation right from day one.
(Laser Assisted In-situ Keratomileusis) –
Bladeless and Blade
In Lasik, the laser procedure permanently changes the shape of the cornea, the clear covering of the front of the eye, using an excimer laser. The machines at Infiniti eye hospital is the Allegretto Wavelight machine from Germany
SMILE (Small Incision Lenticular Extraction) is the most advanced 3rd generation of laser vision correction. It is minimally invasive, flapless and bladeless procedure that combines the advantage of previous two generations with increased safety and comfort. Relex Smile is a further advancement over Lasik / Femto-Lasik.
It is a two-step procedure which begins with a hinged flap creation.
The flap is folded back revealing the stroma, the middle section of the cornea. Laser pulses from excimer vaporizes a predetermined portion of the stroma and the flap is replaced.
In Femto Lasik, the flap is created with laser instead of blade as in conventional Lasik.
At Infiniti Eye hospital the femto laser can be done on Visumax Laser machine from Carl Zeiss Germany or on the Lensx laser from USA
Advantages of Femto Lasik ( Bladeless lasik) over Lasik
- Smooth and even corneal flaps
- Flap can be customise for location and thickness as per requirement of the eye
- The actual flap thickness is what we have targeted
- Thinner flaps, less tissue ablation
- Safer and more precise method
- More gentle method
- Faster vision rehabilitation
- No cut-related complications
- No black-outs during the treatment
- No blocking of the retina’s blood circulation
Such a comprehensive and complete infrastructure for laser vision correction in available in only select centres in the country and right now you are visiting one of those.
Get your self evaluated at Infiniti Eye Hospital and understand whats best suited for your eyes, since we have a customised laser solution for every eye –
If It its available anywhere – We have it